Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spain Shenangians

Hmm. What did I do today?

Today was absolutely amazing.

This morning, I woke up at 8 am to go to the Madrid Market that is on Sunday mornings!
El Rastro is every Sunday, and vendors line the streets of La Latina (a neighborhood) selling literally everything.
Bras, Underwear, Scarves, Dolls, Pins, Hats, Bags, etc.

I want to go every single Sunday, but then, I will $URELY be begging for change on the street to make it through the rest of my trip.

I bought a bandera (flag) of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. 
(...mainly because I am obsessed with them, gracias a Senora Rebenstorf!)

Also, we had a walking tour of Madrid.
Interesting, but I'll just post pictures.

Ate a baguette with my lovahs Katie and Jillian for lunch with 
"La Vaca que Rie" cheese (Laughing cow cheese!) Que delicioso.

My day took quite possibly the greatest twist EVER, when a group of us decided to go to Parque del Oeste and relax in the sun. It was about 60+ farenheit here.
I sat outside and suntanned.
My cheeks may be a tiny burnt.
We sat outside amongst the trees for about 2 hours...laughing, tanning, and drinking beer.

It was truly unreal.

I must get ready to go and cheer on my Packers tonight!

Please please please please please take home a win!!!
El Escorial- The castle of Felipe II...So much dead royalty in the tombs of the basement. 









...This is my life.

Baby fountain. I for some reason felt this was necessary to photograph.


Madrid- Que bonita!

PRECIOSA!

A part of the group. 


I loveeee them.

Mi comay.

60 farenheit. Walking tour of Madrid!




PESADILLAS! Nightmares is the actual translation, but Goosebump books in Spanish!
 I bought one for some light/exciting reading :)

Parque del Retiro

Fun-sized Darth Vader



Parque del Oeste Fun!

I took this picture. I am just too artsy.

Botellon!



My floral crown that Katie made me. You da best.

No comments:

Post a Comment