Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ay dios mio.

Its official.
The Packers vs. Bears game is today.

I CANNOT WAIT.

A lot of my fellow study-abroaders are going to Dubliners tonight- For tonight, I'm officially not friends with whomever is cheering for the Bears. (Os amo.)

My bus ride to Sevilla is OFFICIALLY booked. I leave on Thursday at 2 p.m.

Tomorrow I meet Guillermo and Blanca (the two children I will be tutoring). I hoping for the best, but I'm going to leave an extra hour because I am absolutely POSITIVE that I am going to get lost. #Directionsfordummies

Anoche, we went to the barrio Chueca. It is a barrio that used to be filled with drug pushers and violence (my favorites) and now has been remodeled to be a fashion forward, gay community. 
IT WAS RIDICULOUS.
First off, allow me to preface this by saying in España, everyone solicits their bars/restaurants by standing outside them and offering deals to people walking by. On a typical night, our group gets solicited about 20 times.

In Chueca...three girls got solicited TWICE. 
We follow the second man that solicited us after about 10 minutes of roaming, because we just wanted to be included into someone's bar!
Turns out, this bar is filled with adorable gay men that attempt to answer all of our questions about their barrio. 

NOT TO MENTION, we stayed to watch a transvestite lip-sync to spanish songs. 
We got called "Americanas" numerous times throughout the evening, were first asked if we were actually women, and then asked if we were lesbianas as well. LOVED. IT.
The highlight of the evening however was surely when a friend got kissed on the mouth by this lip-syncing, joke-telling transvestite (who had prettier legs, than I could only hope to wish for).


Nuestros amigos/amigas. jeje. Fernando y Vicent.



We took a picture with them. Danced our hearts out. And had a great time. Can't wait to tell this to the class during our presentation tomorrow!

Miss everyone. 
GO PACK GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment