Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oof. Las clases a las nueve. No me gustan nada.

                While I know my parents won't be too pleased to read this (forgive me!) I kind of forgot that I'm here to go to classes. I packed ZERO pens, ZERO notebooks...you catch my drift. I suppose though even if I had remembered that I must attend class and complete "trabajo", those pens would have probably put me over my 50 lb limit....Glad I chose the clothes ;)


                I luckily managed to escape the effects of jet-lag almost unscathed, as well as the plethora of sicknesses lurking throughout busy airports. However, my newly found addiction to España's "siesta time" is a cultural difference that I am HEAVILY considering bringing back to the United States. 


                Intercambios (exchanges with Spanish students that go to the Complutense University) do not start for a while, so until then, my main source of attempting to fit in language-wise is in my orientation class, and the bars. No Mom and Dad, I am not drinking every night until 6 a.m. No worries padres :) 


               My Alpha Phi Phi, Carolyn, and I finally bought well priced, delicious fruta en Madrid. I have three oranges waiting for me after I awake from naptime (...I told you I was addicted to siesta). I also realized that it is a strong possibility that I have already eaten rabbit within my mere 3 days here. I have eaten a shrimp with a face/legs, clams/pieces of shell (yuck!), and delicioso café! 


¡Cada día es una aventura nueva!


          


Give me anymore possible suggestions! Cuídate amigos y mi familia. xox Hasta luego.             


   

No comments:

Post a Comment