¡Oye Amigos! I've officially lived in Madrid for an entire week!!!
I cannot believe it.
I leave my hostel (Hostel Marlasca) tomorrow morning, en route to my Host family.
From what I've heard from past students that have lived with my "momma", she is a very busy lady! Which means that the house is sometimes lonesome/empty, and she won't be too motherly, but I get a lot of freedom. This is good when I want to go out at night with friends, or when I want to travel.
Last night, a very large group of my fellow Marquette students and I went to a 7 floor dance club, Kapital. Youtube it if you can.
I truly felt like I was in a dreamland. It was absolutely FANTASTIC, for which I can surely not think of the correct words to describe it. We took the metro home at 6:30a.m.
Needless to say, I'm a tad tired today.
My best friends from Marquette recorded a video on my facebook wall. I am missing them terribly. Also, my family wrote me a TERRIFIC email =) My 13-year-old brother ended his portion of the email with "Party hardy".... Not sure what to think about this.
I am constantly wishing I could magically show my family first hand all of the remarkable things I get to see on a daily basis here...not to mention, I KINDA miss my little ones.
Today, we took a group trip to The Reina Sofia Museum. It truly was breath-taking to see all of the artists that I have studied for so long in my Español classes (Dalí, Miró, Picasso, etc.) At the end of January, we have a three day weekend before REAL classes start. There is a large group of people going to Paris, as well as a group going to Portugal! I really want to go to both Paris & Portugal, but I think I am going to take this opportunity to start my travels within Spain. I would LOVE to see Galicia. I believe that I am going to try to stay within Spain, in order to better my Spanish. I am planning on traveling outside of Spain if I have enough time/money$.
More pictures will definitely be coming up for everyone =)
I love and miss you all.
Currently watching the Packer game. Its 3:31 a.m. here, and mi amigo Andrew and I are sitting in the lobby streaming the game on our computers.
*My team comes before sleep* I hope they make it worth it.
Tramon Williams just made an interception, 70 yard run... with a touchdown. This is why I am American.
![]() |
| Kapital Discoteca |
![]() |
| ¡Oye chicas! My friends Jillian and Katie |
![]() |
| Speechless |
![]() |
| Museo Reina Sofia...so silly |
![]() |
| Some very lovely girls |
![]() |
| Roomie & Phi Phi |
![]() |
| We are friends. Obviously. |
![]() |
| So incredibly amazing. |
![]() |
| Kapital Discoteca...enough said. |
![]() |
| Chaos. |










No comments:
Post a Comment