Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here We Go, Come With Me. There's A World Out There That We Should See.

Take My Hand. Close Your Eyes.


Uuf. Feeling a little homesick today. My pinkie toe is very swollen for some strange reason. 
My poor little toesies (@Anna-Marie & Mara...TOESIES) are not used to all of this walking/stairs. 

Since I have last written, I have moved into my little piso (apartment) in Madrid. Luckily, I am about 20 minutes from the university. Some of my friends are about an hour away, so I SURELY lucked out. I'm in a terrific location & surrounded by students that go to neighboring universities. Unfortunately, my directional skills that I never attained back in Batavia, IL (...Father can attest to this) have so completely ruined all chances of looking like a true Madrileño.

I wander the streets for truly hours at a time, and have the independent/terrible characteristic of a male to never want to stop and ask where the hell I am. 

My room (for those of you who go to Marquette) is smaller than a McCormick dorm, split in half.

 I am sharing a bathroom with four other mujeres (ladies), which so far hasn't been a problem. I don't dare imagine the amount of hair being collected in the drain. Gwoss.

Here is the low down of mi casa: Fake momma (Carmen), fake sister (Rocío), and two other Americanas from South Carolina (Emily and Caroline), which Carmen believes is located in California.
Everyone is very nice.
¡I got VERY lucky!


Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!¡! (and in case you were wondering, T.G.I. Fridays IS international, and is conveniently located cerca de mi casa... Weird.)

This week has been a bit on the hectic side, but next weekend, two friends and I are making a trip to Sevilla! Six hour bus ride. Kill me. But the 153 euro difference between bus and airplane surely makes it worth it, unless I sit next to that one man on every ride that refuses to wear deordorant/shut up.
Then I'm paying to fly home. Sorry I'm not sorry, bank account.

 If there is anything AMAZING to do in Sevilla, DIME! (tell me) I am just starting to plan a schedule, so help me fill it up.

 I also am trying to fit tutoring two children into my schedule, because I would get paid 18 euro each week to teach them. Their names are Guillermo and Blanca (and yes, I was just as surprised to hear that "WHITE" is considered a name here...but I'm sure the United States has worse)
Off topic: I just googled "worst names in U.S. history" and found "Harry Colon"... case and point.

I just skyped with my daddy for 30 minutes. DEFINITELY made my day. I can't wait to see the rest of my hoodlums tomorrow!!  Time to write my paper so I can rage for the noche.
 ( Or...as some say, @Katie: I want to race esta coche). 

CIAO! Besos. xoxo

P.S. Feel better Sarah!




No comments:

Post a Comment